Property Subdivision: the Process


  1. Large Site- Apply for Subdivision without house plans under Cl 56 Learn more

  2. Normal suburban sites: Apply for Town Planning Permit for the individual units/home plans and the proposed new lots 

  3. After Council issues the Permit you can either:


  • Satisfy the Permit conditions- eg put in  services connections (sewer,stormwater etc)   and register the newly created lots with the Titles Office.


  • You can sell off the lots each with its own title  or


  • If you are building the new units you can subdivide once the services and crossovers are in. You save money that way. Then register the titles .

Can you subdivide your land?



Tags:dual occupancy,retirees income,cash poor retirees

Please reload

Featured Posts

Property development basics

August 20, 2015

Please reload

Recent Posts